Thursday, September 25, 2014

September 25, 2014 Class

The first speaker of the class is the librarian for CSUMB. He did a quick survey on asking how we as students look up information on tech related information. The librarian is also showing us what resources are available to let us know that there are lots of great and relevant information for students to use for research and for projects and even for capstone project at the end of my school career. He also showed us that there is a research section for each specific major here at school to help get some information that is relevant to our learning and needs for research. Also available, are group study rooms that I did not know about that was able to be reserved and it is reserved online on their website. I did not know that there were ebooks that are available to us to use, instead of the typical books that we would otherwise might have to carry around.

The second part of the class is about the CD majors and Dr. Tao is talking about the ILP for those students in the major. This presentation does not really help me but it is interesting to listen to another major and get information about other majors as I really only know my own major.

The third part is a brief explanation on the CSIT ILP and it is all online and interactive which I think that it is pretty cool. I am looking forward to making my plan so that I can plan to take the classes that I need in order to graduate.

Professor Pat Watson is a teacher here at CSUMB and is a CD teacher. He just draws you in and makes is a very interesting person to listen to and pay attention to. Talking a little bit about the gaming and development by showing the Unity engine that is used here at school to make the games for that major. He is also showing us that what they want the students to not just make a zombie shooter game but to work on interactive history for the local history here in Monterey.

No comments:

Post a Comment